Pages

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Ya Malik

بِسْمِ اللهِ الرَّحْمنِ الرَّحِيمِ
(In the name of Allah, most gracious, most merciful)
Its Saturday 5 January 2013 & here I am seated in the comforts of my room. If I have an option, this is where I wanna be always...haha... O Santa if only you could fulfill this simple wish...haha...
Well anyway, after my first blog, my brain just seems to be popping up with loads of ideas to write...creativity at work? Hmm...i wonder...for so long i have been doing reflections on myself, what i've done and what i should be doing. The one thing that i can safely say I have triumphed is being good to myself. I believe thats important coz you cant simply be good to people around you if you are treating yourself badly. I am a changed person for the better, In Shaa Allah. I used to be a hot tempered indivudual (though sometimes that evil side of me still lurks..yikess!) ... Being a Taurus myself, thats expected. I am stubborn at times, I'm also passionate, intense & secure. The latter does not worry me as much, what worries me most is the hot temperament and the stubborness..ouchh!!..
To cut the story short, how i come to this juncture is thru the kindness of two individuals, Zarina Mohd Rakawi & Amy Haslinda. We used to work at this particular company at one point of our lives, then we had to go our separate ways seeking other employments during the bad economy back in the early 2000. Life was tough back then and I was going thru a phase of adjusting. Stress at work adds to the buildup of my anger & resentment. Fortunate for me, I have these two dear friends that i comfort in. I frequent their work place during lunch hours in my effort to escape from my worries.
It was there that they introduced me to a book, THE LIGHT (aptly titled i must say) by Hassen Meeah. As I mentioned in my first blog, Im not much of a reader when it comes to religious books [forgive me again ;-) ] ... I took the book, not wanting to offend and being me, i tucked it away in my drawer at the office. Days turn to weeks, weeks turn to months and months turn to more months...still i made no effort to internalise the materials presented in The Light, until one fine day when things were really bad and i asked myself what should i do to ease this stress. Then it struck me that i have a copy of The Light tucked away in the far corner of my drawer... I brought it home and i started reading.
The Light is a book on Esmaa 'Ul Husnaaa 99 Names of Allah and the beautiful thing is, its in English...haha...The thing about me is that, whenever i read Religious books in Bahasa Malaysia, i always feel that its a lecture. Different is the case with this book. Its simple and easy to digest especially for someone as stubborn as me ;-) I am never good at memorising doas and whenever I do, it'll take me ages and to make things worse, I am not a patient man!! The Esmaa 'Ul Husnaa is different, there are no long verses to memorise, just names of Allah the Merciful and its just one syllable,almost ;-)
The Esmaa 'Ul Husnaa may be recited while you are asleep, or walking on the street, or sitting in the house, in the work place, in the bus, in the car etc etc. What awakens me from my deep sleep is that by reciting the names of the Almighty, i am actually calling for HELP from my Creator. His powers are limitless, He never fails me, unless my destiny is to take a dramatic turn.
I flipped thru the pages, trying to find the Esmaa 'Ul Husnaa that fits me well. Allah has His ways and i came accross YA MALIK (page 9..this is my fav coz it has changed me from the person I was to the person I am...its still a long winding road ahead, I hope I'll reach my goal, In Shaa Allah)
YA MALIK simply means The Soverign of Truth, The King of Kings. The Soverign Lord Who rules His Kingdom as He Pleases. Without the help of anyone, unless it so pleases. If one were to recite "Ya Malik" 100 times every morning, In Shaa Allah, the heart will be purified and will reap honour. This is what i want i told myself. I imagine this like Clorox bleach (forgive me for having such imagination, Allah knows my true intention) and what it'll do to my troubled state. So i embark diligently reciting this Esmaa 'Ul Husnaa on my daily commute to work. Alhamdulilah, I am almost there and i add to my collection other Esmaa 'Ul Husnaa and its building up, Alhamdulilah ;-)
I am not preaching here, please dont get me wrong. I just want to share what i have gained from Esmaa 'Ul Husnaa. Being a person as I am, who have little knowledge about my religion ( In Shaa Allah, it'll grow), i have gained a better insight of things around me through Esmaa 'Ul Husnaa. I am more content with what i have, i am more relaxed and my temperment has almost muted...haha.. I see things in their simplest forms. Whenever we want favors from friends, we ask, or else they wouldnt know what we want right? I believe the same applies to Allah, if I want His help, all i have to do is ask, In Shaa Allah, He will grant if it fits me well.
The internet is a gold mine of information. Google Esmaa 'Ul Husnaa or Asmaul Husna and you can just pick one that suits you well. My wish is that we find peace and happiness in our daily affairs and may we get the chance to see The Light, In Shaa Allah ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment